Adobe announced that effective July 1, 2019, upgrade eligibility for Adobe Acrobat perpetual licenses will change from two versions back to one version back.
At that time, the only version eligible for upgrade to Acrobat 2017 will be Acrobat DC 2015. This policy update includes all licensing programs, including Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) and Cumulative License Program (CLP), and will be in effect across all segments (commercial, education, and government).
Adobe shared an update regarding Creative Cloud version download availability. For customers who have not yet updated to the latest version of Creative Cloud, please note that you are no longer licensed to use certain older versions of the applications or deploy packages containing these older versions. Adobe asks that your organization discontinues all usage of the unauthorized products listed in the table below and instead update to the authorized versions provided. You will continue to receive all the value that Creative Cloud has to offer, but with more advanced features, capabilities, and security.
Please be aware that if you continue to use or deploy the older, unauthorized versions of Creative Cloud, you will not have third-party claim coverage pursuant to your contract with Adobe. Should you continue to use or deploy these unauthorized versions, you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties.
Continue reading Adobe Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage Changes
Adobe announced that they are launching the following new capabilities of the Adobe Admin Console to provide a better administration experience for enterprise products sold through the Value Incentive Plan (VIP):
- Greater visibility into user compliance and appropriate actions to get compliant
- View and download a list of users that need renewal on assigned licenses
- Receive alerts via product card and view users that are pending payment
- See expiration date for unpaid licenses
- Assign users to a user group regardless of the group’s quota limits, adding them to a “waitlist.” These users automatically get assigned a license as soon as licenses become available
- Two new reports for System Admins:
- License status report
- License deficit report
These updates will roll out to customers over the next 30 days. If you have any questions, please reach out to SCHNEIDER IT MANAGEMENT.
Until August 30th, 2019, Adobe offers a 10% discount by purchasing 10 or more new licenses of Acrobat Pro DC for teams or Acrobat Standard DC for teams through the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP). This offer is available for new and additional seats, it does not apply to renewals. At the renewal date of your VIP subscription, you will receive a renewal quote with regular prices.
- 12-month membership is required for new customers enrolling in a new VIP agreement.
- This offer is only available to commercial customers, it is not available to Education or Government customers.
- For 3-year contract term option, this offer applies only to 1st year (initial purchase). Regular pricing will apply for 2nd and 3rd year renewals.
Adobe discontinued the sale and support of the Adobe Lightroom 6 perpetual product. Adobe Lightroom CC will still be available in different subscription plans. For more information about the different options of acquiring Adobe Lightroom CC, please visit: https://www.adobe.com/lu_en/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html.
Adobe announced a global pricing change for Creative Cloud, Acrobat, and Captivate beginning February 1st, 2019. This change reflects Adobe’s ongoing development of new apps, features, and performance across all solutions with improvements that businesses highly value.
Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP) customers will see price increases for new contracts, renewals, and add-on seats of the following solutions:
- Creative Cloud for teams,
- Creative Cloud for enterprise,
- Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Standard DC for teams and
- Adobe Captivate for teams.
On the contrary, the price for Adobe Captivate for enterprise decreases for Commercial and Government customers.
Customers who have a VIP three-year commitment will pay the new price after the term comes to an end. To avoid future price increases, we recommend our VIP Select customers to enroll in the 3-year commitment option.
The percentage of the pricing change will vary by plan. We are happy to create an individual quote with the up to date prices for you.
The integration of Adobe PDF & Acrobat functions into the Microsoft Office 365 environment allow you to combine both technologies smoothly. Here are some examples how to use it:
- You can create, manipulate, and view high-quality, secure PDFs across the web versions of Office 365, right from the toolbar of the web versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Sales teams can now combine parts of PowerPoint and PDF files directly in SharePoint Online to create a new customer proposal, and even get that proposal signed with Adobe Sign without leaving SharePoint Online.
- You can also add signing steps to SharePoint Online workflows, or use the Microsoft Flow connector to automate processes.
For more information about the different functionalities, please visit: https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft-office-365.html
To benefit from the integration, you have to activate the Adobe Document Cloud add-in and the Adobe Sign add-in. With the following link you can install and configure the Microsoft + Adobe Document Cloud integrations: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/o365pdf/start.html. And here you find detailed instructions for the installation and configuration of Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint OneDrive https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html.
Adobe announced the optimized integration of Adobe Acrobat DC and PDF services in Microsoft Office 365. This integration offers the following features, among others:
- Convert Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents to PDF files without leaving the Office 365 environment
- Create, export, merge and organize pages in a PDF directly from SharePoint and OneDrive
- Password assignment for important documents during PDF conversion to Office 365.
For more information on integrating Adobe Acrobat DC with Microsoft Office 365, visit https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft.html
Until June 1st 2018 Adobe offers a migration discount on Creative Cloud for teams. The migration offer is available to Commercial and Government customers with valid licenses for products within the Creative Suite 3 (CS3), Creative Suite 4 (CS4), Creative Suite 5 (CS5), Creative Suite 5.5 (CS5.5) or Creative Suite 6 (CS6) migrating to Creative Cloud for teams.
Migration pricing applies as follows for Eligible Customers:
- Creative Cloud for teams All Apps 49.99 € per user per month (Save 240 € annually)
- Creative Cloud for teams Single App 19.99 € per user per month (Save 120 € annually) – Excludes InCopy CC and Acrobat Pro DC
For more information about Adobe Creative Cloud for teams, please visit: https://www.adobe.com/lu_en/creativecloud/business/teams.html
Adobe announced the next generation of Creative Cloud with updates across all of Creative Cloud – its desktop apps, mobile apps and all its services.
There are five brand new apps coming to Creative Cloud across design, video and photography, a brand new photography service and 3 new photography offerings, plus major updates to all the existing Creative Cloud apps on Desktop and Mobile and the Creative Cloud Community and Marketplace.
Continue reading Adobe Creative Cloud Updates