The new Office 365 Home Use Program (HUP) benefit is added to the February 2019 Product Terms. If a customer has Software Assurance Membership coverage on the Applications pool then employees may buy an Office 365 Home or Personal subscription through the Microsoft Home Use Program website at a discounted rate.
What’s interesting (and different to its Office 2019 HUP counterpart) is that employees may renew the subscription at the special HUP price regardless of whether they’re still employed by the qualifying organization and that organization’s Software Assurance Membership coverage status.
For more information about the Microsoft Home Use Program Benefit, please see the February 2019 Product Terms, page 80: http://www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/DocumentSearch.aspx?Mode=3&DocumentTypeId=1&.
Microsoft announced the availability of Microsoft MyAnalytics for everyone using Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Business suites that include Exchange Online. Previously, MyAnalytics was only available with an E5 plan or as an Add-on to E1 and E3 plans.
For more information about Microsoft MyAnalytics, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/myanalytics-the-fitness-tracker-for-work-is-now-more-broadly-available/
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Identity & Threat Protection license, which includes the following products:
- Microsoft Cloud App Security,
- Azure Active Directory Plan 2,
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection,
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection Plan 2 (Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection + Office 365 Threat Intelligence).
Available in the licensing programs according to the categories.
For more information about Microsoft Identity and Threat Protection, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance license, which includes the following products:
- Azure Information Protection P2 and
- Office 365 Advanced Compliance (Advanced eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Customer Key, and Privileged Access Management).
Available in the licensing programs according to the categories.
For more information about Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/.
The integration of Adobe PDF & Acrobat functions into the Microsoft Office 365 environment allow you to combine both technologies smoothly. Here are some examples how to use it:
- You can create, manipulate, and view high-quality, secure PDFs across the web versions of Office 365, right from the toolbar of the web versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Sales teams can now combine parts of PowerPoint and PDF files directly in SharePoint Online to create a new customer proposal, and even get that proposal signed with Adobe Sign without leaving SharePoint Online.
- You can also add signing steps to SharePoint Online workflows, or use the Microsoft Flow connector to automate processes.
For more information about the different functionalities, please visit: https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft-office-365.html
To benefit from the integration, you have to activate the Adobe Document Cloud add-in and the Adobe Sign add-in. With the following link you can install and configure the Microsoft + Adobe Document Cloud integrations: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/o365pdf/start.html. And here you find detailed instructions for the installation and configuration of Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint OneDrive https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Office 365 Meeting Room per Device Licenses. This licenses cover a Skype for Business device used in a conference room which is not dedicated to a single user and requires a separate telephone number, like a typical conferencing phone. These licenses are available in the following programs: Enterprise Agreement (EA), Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS), Worldwide Government Partner, Enrollment for Education Solutions and School. Microsoft Office 365 Meeting Room per Device Licenses without Conference Licenses are offered for the countries which do not offer Audio Conference services.
Microsoft Stream is a cloud-based enterprise video service, that is included in many Microsoft Office 365 Plans. Now, Microsoft Stream is also available as Standalone Plans (Plan 1 & Plan 2). This page is useful for comparing the features of the two plans and to see the details of Microsoft Stream in the different Microsoft Office 365 Plans: https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/. This page also explains how Stream storage works: each tenant receives 500 GB of storage and an additional 0.5 GB per licensed user, with the exception of Office 365 F1 users. Further Stream storage is available as an Add-on license.
Microsoft announced the General Availability of Microsoft Office 365 Data Loss Prevention Licenses. These licenses will be available in the following volume licensing programs: Enterprise Agreement (EA), Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS), Worldwide Government Partner and Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA).
Microsoft announces that Skype for Business Online Plan 1 will be retired, effective August 1, 2018.
Current customers have many transition paths for their users to maintain Plan 1 functionality or higher, such as:
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2
- Office 365 Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, F1, E1, E3, E5 (or Microsoft 365 Business, F1, E1, E3, E5).
Further information on the transition paths can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/skype-retiring
Adobe announced the optimized integration of Adobe Acrobat DC and PDF services in Microsoft Office 365. This integration offers the following features, among others:
- Convert Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents to PDF files without leaving the Office 365 environment
- Create, export, merge and organize pages in a PDF directly from SharePoint and OneDrive
- Password assignment for important documents during PDF conversion to Office 365.
For more information on integrating Adobe Acrobat DC with Microsoft Office 365, visit https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft.html