Microsoft has updated the Microsoft SharePoint Server licensing page for the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 version. There are no changes to the licensing from the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 version. To get an overview you can visit the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 Licensing page under https://products.office.com/en-us/sharepoint/sharepoint-licensing-overview.
Microsoft announced that – effective November 1st, 2018 – Microsoft Office Server 2019 On-Premises Licenses will be available. Hence, the previous Office Server version licenses will then be removed from the pricelists.
Impacted Product Families:
- Microsoft Exchange Enterprise Client Access License (CAL)
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Standard CAL
- Microsoft Project Server
- Microsoft Project Server CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Plus CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Standard CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard CAL
In July 2017, the second series of Microsoft Premium Assurance is launching. As explained in an earlier post, the pricing of Microsoft Premium Assurance will constantly rise. The following table provides an overview of the different Microsoft Premium Assurance Series and the corresponding pricing evolution:
The end date of the Extended Support for Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Visio 2007, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft Project Server 2007 gets closer:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 won’t be supported from April 11th, 2017 on.
- The Extended Support for Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server 2007, Microsoft Visio 2007 as well as Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 ends October 10th, 2017.
It is highly recommended to update affected systems before those dates.
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Lync Server 2013 will be available with some important changes concerning External Connector licenses. Continue reading Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and Lync 2013 changes in licensing
Volume Licensing customers with Software Assurance can download the Office 2013 applications as well as other Office products including SharePoint 2013, Lync 2013, Exchange 2013 and Project 2013 through the Volume Licensing Service Center. These products will be available on the Volume Licensing price list on December 1.