COVID-19 has led Microsoft to update the policy for how Software Assurance (SA) Deployment Planning Services and Training Vouchers can be used:
- While Deployment Planning Services and Software Assurance Training Vouchers are typically valid for 180 days after date of creation, for vouchers created before April 1, 2020, Microsoft extends active vouchers for an additional 90 days.
- This applies to all active Deployment Planning Services vouchers for cloud and on-premises engagements.
- This applies to all active vouchers for Software Assurance training courses including Azure courses that were recently removed from the catalog.
- No action is required from your side. Microsoft will adjust its records and systems to reflect this 90-day extension.
- There are no changes to SA support benefits or to the schedule for retiring Deployment Planning Services and Software Assurance Training Vouchers in 2022.