1989 in Moscow and was named BIT Software before 1997.
are located in Moscow and provide research and product development as well as global coordination of sales, marketing and promotion.
ABBYY group consists of 14 global offices located in Russia (5 offices), the USA, Germany, the UK, Japan, Ukraine, Australia, Canada, Cyprus and Taiwan.
- Over 1000 people work for ABBYY, with the main part of them engaged in research and development as programmers, engineers and linguists.
- Average age of ABBYY employees is 27 years.
- More than 30 million people* from more than 150 countries* use ABBYY products.
- More than 20 million people* all over the world use ABBYY FineReader.
- ABBYY Lingvo electronic dictionaries are regularly used by 7 million people*.
- Thousands of companies process more than 9.3 billion pages* of documents and forms annually by using ABBYY technologies.
- ABBYY customers save about 5 billion dollars* each year using ABBYY products.
- ABBYY technologies save people around 970 million hours annually* when converting paper and PDF documents.
- ABBYY products have received more than 240 awards worldwide from leading industry magazines and testing labs for accuracy, innovation, ease of use and value.
- Leading document capture vendors use ABBYY technologies in their products: BancTec, BenQ, Captiva, C Technologies, Cardiff Software, Cobra Technologies, DELL, EPSON, EMC2/Documentum, Fujitsu, Freedom Scientific, HP, IKON, IXOS, Kurzweil, Kofax Image Products, Legato Systems, Microtek, Mustek, NewSoft, Neurascript, Notable Solutions, Optika, Panasonic, ReadSoft, Siemens Nixdorf, Stellent, SWT, SER Solutions, Samsung Electronics, Sumitomo Electric Systems, Toshiba, Umax, Verity and others.
- Leading scanner and MFP manufacturers use ABBYY technologies in their products: BenQ, Canon, Epson, Fujitsu, Konica Minolta, Mustek, Panasonic Communications, PlanOn, Primax, Plustek, Toshiba and Xerox.
- Leading mobile manufacturers have ABBYY technologies inside their devices: Nokia, Samsung, LG, HTC, Pantech and Voxtel.
- In 2006 ABBYY established the Department of Image Recognition and Text Processing at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. Each year over 30 students of the department are supported with scholarships from the company.
- ABBYY is a member of the Translation Automation User Society.
* According to ABBYY’s internal data