Starting November 1, 2021 and completed by mid-May 2022, the following versions of Microsoft Outlook for Windows, as part of Office and Microsoft 365 Apps, will retire and will not be able to connect with Office 365 and Microsoft 365 services anymore:
- Office 2007: all versions of Outlook for Windows
- Office 2010: all versions of Outlook for Windows
- Office 2013: Outlook for Windows Version 0.4970.9999 and older
- Office 2016: Outlook for Windows Version 0.4599.9999 and older
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (formerly Office 365 ProPlus): Outlook for Windows Version 1705 and older
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business (formerly Office 365 Business): Outlook for Windows Version 1705 and older
Versions that are newer than minimum version requirements listed above, but are not the currently supported version, may experience connectivity issues. It is recommended that all users upgrade to the supported versions of Office and Microsoft 365 Apps. Supported versions of Outlook for Windows in Office and Microsoft 365 will continue to connect to Microsoft 365 services as expected.
For a list of the currently supported versions of Microsoft 365 Apps, please visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date.
For a list of the currently supported versions of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016, please visit “Latest Public Update” here: https://docs.microsoft.com/officeupdates/office-updates-msi.