Effective February 18, 2021, Microsoft 365 E3 offers a variety of new features combining best-in-class productivity apps with core security and compliance capabilities.
New management capabilities are:
- Microsoft Tunnel virtual private network (VPN) capabilities, extending Conditional Access to workers to use Android and iOS devices to remotely access on-premises data – a key principle of Zero Trust security.
- Broadened endpoint management, including adding support for virtual desktops and kiosks and shared devices, in addition to Windows PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- Expanded MacOS management to deliver more apps securely, collect better telemetry to improve management decisions, and improve security with enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) and file encryption.
- Endpoint analytics to help you understand how performance and health issues with your organization’s hardware and software may be impacting your end-user’s productivity. Further, Endpoint analytics connects insights from Productivity Score with Microsoft Endpoint Manager to ensure everyone can do their best work with Microsoft 365.
- Unified endpoint security management that reduces the friction between end-user computing teams and security operations by providing deep integration between Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, as well as enabling specialized security roles for security managers to view and manage their day-to-day tasks within the Configuration Manager Console.
- Modernize your IT by bringing intelligent security value to all endpoints, whether managed on-premises or as managed service.
Effective July 1, 2021, the prices of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) E3 and of Intune increase. The price for Microsoft 365 E3 remains the same.
For the announcement, please visit: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-365-blog/enabling-remote-work-and-new-scenarios-with-microsoft-365-e3/ba-p/2118541.