Effective April 1, 2023, Microsoft starts aligning the pricing of Microsoft Cloud products to be globally consistent. The goal is to have consistent pricing reflecting the exchange rate of the local currency to the US dollar (USD).
How will the prices change?
Pricing for Microsoft Cloud products will be adjusted in the following currencies:
- British Pound (GBP): +9%
- Danish Krone (DKK), Euro (EUR) and Norwegian Krone (NOK): +11%
- Swedish Krona (SEK): +15%
What Microsoft Cloud prices are impacted?
New or renewing Microsoft Cloud license program contracts will adjust to the new revised prices starting April 1, 2023.
Affected are commercial cloud services sold through:
- Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA)
- Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program
- Microsoft Online Subscription Program (MOSP) (web direct)
- Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA)
- Open Value (OV) / Open Value Subscription (OVS)
- Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES)/School/Education/Campus agreements
Which products are price protected?
For commercial customers, these changes will not affect existing orders under commercial licensing agreements for products that are subject to price protection.
Price protected are:
- Existing EA/EAS or Server and Cloud Enrollment (SCE): Price protection on previously ordered products. No price change during the term of the agreement.
- Existing OV and OVS company-wide contracts: Price protection during the term of their agreement.
- Existing MOSP with an annual commitment: Price protection during their term.
- Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA): Not impacted as there are no changes to on-premises products.
- Azure in new commerce CSP: is already based on USD and is hence not impacted.
In the future, Microsoft will assess pricing in local currency as part of a regular twice a year cadence, taking into consideration currency fluctuations relative to the USD. This will provide increased transparency and predictability for customers globally.
For the announcement of the consistent global pricing for the Microsoft Cloud, please visit: https://news.microsoft.com/europe/2023/01/05/consistent-global-pricing-for-the-microsoft-cloud/.
For useful software licensing information on Microsoft products, please visit: https://www.schneider.im/software/microsoft/.
Please contact us for free expert consultancy on your specific Microsoft agreements, more information and to request a quote before the price changes take place.