Effective February 1, 2024, Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics is available and part of the Microsoft Intune Suite. Also, Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics is now purchasable as an add-on license.
What is Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics?
Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics is set of analytics-driven capabilities that help IT admins understand, anticipate, and improve the end-user experience. It enables you to proactively detect and resolve endpoint issues, streamline troubleshooting processes, and improve user productivity and performance.
Some of the capabilities of Intune Advanced Analytics are:
- Custom device scopes: You can use scope tags to filter Endpoint analytics reports by a subset of devices, such as devices managed by a specific team, business group, or geographic region.
- Anomaly detection: You can use AI and machine learning to identify and discover meaningful patterns and trends in device and app health, and detect issues before they impact user experience.
- Enhanced device timeline: You can see more events and lower data latency on the device timeline, which helps you troubleshoot device issues faster and easier.
- Device query: You can query the state and configuration of devices in near real time, and get critical information related to performance metrics and configuration details.
- Battery health: You can monitor the battery performance of devices and identify hardware issues that may affect user experience.
What is the difference between Intune Endpoint Analytics and Intune Advanced Analytics?
Intune Endpoint Analytics is a built-in feature of Microsoft Intune that provides meaningful metrics and insights for measuring the quality of the end-user experience. Intune Advanced Analytics is an add-on feature that provides additional capabilities such as anomaly detection, custom device scopes, enhanced device timeline, device query, and battery health report. These features enable you to gain deeper insights, proactively detect and resolve issues, and streamline troubleshooting processes.
How do I purchase the Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics add-on?
Effective February 1, 2024 for enterprise customers and March 1, 2024 for government customers, Intune Enterprise App Management also becomes available as an individual add-on to Microsoft subscriptions that include Intune Plan 1, which are:
- Microsoft 365 E3, E5, F1, F3, Business Premium, and Government G5, G3
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E3, E5
- Microsoft Intune for Education
The Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics add-on is available through the following programs:
- Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS)
- Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES)
- Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA)
How do I activate Intune Advanced Analytics?
To use Intune Advanced Analytics, you need to have Intune Suite or buy an add-on license, in addition to the license requirements for Intune endpoint analytics. You also need to onboard and enroll your Intune-managed devices to endpoint analytics to use the advanced features. Intune Advanced Analytics is automatically integrated into the existing base Endpoint analytics experience in the Intune admin center under Reports > Endpoint analytics.
Global and billing administrators can use the centralized experience (Intune add-ons) in the Intune Admin Center to easily access trial licenses (up to 250 users for 90 days) and licenses to purchase.
Which Microsoft Intune add-ons are available?
Some Intune capabilities are available to buy as a standalone add-on, while others are only available with Intune Plan 2 or the Intune Suite. The following table provides a list of add-on capabilities and associated Intune Plans:
|Intune Plan 2
|Endpoint Privilege Management
|Enterprise App Management
(starting March 2024)
|Microsoft Tunnel for Mobile Application Management
|Specialized devices management
For the announcement article, please visit: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-intune-blog/announcing-microsoft-intune-advanced-analytics/ba-p/3982742.
For a documentation explaining Microsoft Intune Advanced Analytics, please visit: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/analytics/advanced-endpoint-analytics.
For more information on Microsoft Intune Suite add-on capabilities, please visit: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/intune-add-ons.
For software licensing information on Microsoft licensing programs, please visit: https://www.schneider.im/software/microsoft/.
Please contact us for free expert consultancy on your specific Microsoft agreements, more information and to request a quote.