Autodesk is retiring plans based on serial numbers and launching named user plans based on people. For those customers on multi-user subscriptions, Autodesk will extend the availability of these plans to August 7, 2020 and delay their retirement to August 7, 2021.
The new plans will deliver you and your business many benefits now, and in the future, at a cost consistent with what you pay today.
- Dedicated access for all employees whenever they need it. No more downtime because all of your licenses are in use.
- New ways to optimize licensing costs. New named plans will allow you to have visibility into your usage data allowing you to make smarter investments for your company.
- Plans for individuals, teams, and enterprises with dedicated or flexible software access, depending on how your company works.
- You will no longer have to manage network servers or track anonymous serial numbers.
Autodesk offers different Trade-in offers for multi-user subscribers and standalone or network maintenance plan customers. Contact us for details.
For further information on Autodesk end of Multi-User Licensing, please visit: https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/transition-to-named-user
On May 7th, 2020, Autodesk will increase the price for renewals of maintenance plans by 20%. One year later, on May 7th, 2021, the maintenance plans will be concluded. Customers will then no longer be able to renew their maintenance plans.
Customers with a single user maintenance plan that can be extended prior to May 7th, 2020 may take the last chance to switch from their maintenance plan to a subscription using the maintenance to subscription program.
Autodesk suggests that customers with a maintenance plan that can only be renewed after May 7th, 2020 use the new Trade-in program to prevent their contract from being renewed at the next expiration date. Otherwise, the customer is obliged to take out a new subscription at the standard price if he wants to continue working with the most recent version of the software.
For further information on Autodesk’s price increase, the maintenance to subscription program and the end of sale of maintenance plan renewals, please visit: https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/maintenance-to-subscription and have a look at: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/move-to-subscription/select-subscription/pricing
On March 25th, 2020, Autodesk increased the price of new subscriptions by 5%. However, the price of renewals remains unchanged. In this way, Autodesk wants to reward loyal customers who renew their subscriptions on-time.
Please be aware that Autodesk is currently contacting customers who, according to their records, have been identified as overusing their entitlements.
Details of this global initiative:
- Customers will first be contacted via an automated Autodesk email entitled “Action Required: Autodesk Software License Review”.
- Autodesk will identify the customers’ overuse and ask them to remedy the situation through the purchase of additional one-year licenses, according to the identified gap.
- Customers who have not yet purchased additional licenses after 10 business days will then be contacted by Autodesk License Compliance.
- The email will also offer a link to this FAQ document: https://www.autodesk.co.uk/campaigns/overusefaq
Please reach out to SCHNEIDER IT MANAGEMENT if you are affected by this. As your Autodesk Partner, we will support you in clarifying the situation and will provide you with the necessary licenses.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 gives you access to AutoCAD 2D and 3D CAD software, as well as industry-specific toolsets and functionality for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping, and more:
- Automate floorplans, sections, elevations, and other drawings.
- Draw piping, plumbing, and ducting for faster design with mechanical tools.
- Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical with MEP.
- Access libraries of symbols, parts and detail components.
- Automate the creation of annotations, layers and properties.
- Easily create details and views from 3D models, and schedules, lists and tables.
- Create rules-driven workflows to enforce standards throughout the design process.
For further information about Autodesk AutoCAD 2019, please visit: https://www.autodesk.eu/products/autocad/overview