Microsoft announced that – effective November 1st, 2018 – Microsoft Office Server 2019 On-Premises Licenses will be available. Hence, the previous Office Server version licenses will then be removed from the pricelists.
Impacted Product Families:
- Microsoft Exchange Enterprise Client Access License (CAL)
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Standard CAL
- Microsoft Project Server
- Microsoft Project Server CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Plus CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Standard CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard CAL
Microsoft announces that Skype for Business Online Plan 1 will be retired, effective August 1, 2018.
Current customers have many transition paths for their users to maintain Plan 1 functionality or higher, such as:
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2
- Office 365 Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, F1, E1, E3, E5 (or Microsoft 365 Business, F1, E1, E3, E5).
Further information on the transition paths can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/skype-retiring
Microsoft has announced the Common Area Phone Device Subscription License (DSL). Common Area Phone is a Device License intended for phones that are deployed as standalone, shared devices in locations such as break rooms, reception areas, shop floors etc. It is a standalone license with no purchase prerequisites.
The Microsoft Common Area Phone Device Subscription License combines two sets of capabilities:
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2 including presence, instant messaging and in this context more important: conferencing
- Phone System, which was previously known as Cloud PBX, and allows customers to replace their on-premises Private Branch Exchange (PBX) with a cloud-based system
This license is available in Enterprise Agreement, Enterprise Agreement Subscription, Enrollment for Education Solutions, and Government Community Cloud.
Microsoft is renaming Skype for Business services for voice and meetings to be more descriptive and understandable to both business and IT audiences.
|Old Product Family Name
||New Product Family Name