Microsoft announced the Microsoft Azure N & H Series Promotion, valid until July 1st, 2019. Customers receive a discount of 56% for NCv1 and 40% for NVv1 and Hv1 virtual machines. This offer applies to all customers (New/Renewal/Mid-Term) in the licensing programs according to the categories.
The following link provides an overview of the different series of virtual machines in Microsoft Azure: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/series/.
Microsoft announced the End of Support for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Extended Support for SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 ends July 9, 2019.
- Extended Support for Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 ends January 14, 2020.
End of support means the end of security updates, which may leave your business exposed to security risks and compliance concerns. Microsoft recommends two possible paths: You can migrate to Azure with free security updates or you can upgrade on-premises to current versions of Windows Server and SQL Server. If you need additional time to manage the transition, you can get three years of Extended Security Updates to keep your workloads protected beyond the deadlines.
For more information please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-sql-server-2008. Under the following link you also find helpful answers to frequently asked questions regarding the End of Support for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/extended-security-updates.
Effective December 1, 2018, Oracle has announced the following price increases.
- List prices for the following Oracle Engineered Systems have been increased by 5%:
- Big Data Appliance and
- Private Cloud Appliance.
- List prices for Oracle SuperCluster have been increased 7%.
We are excited to share important news regarding the evolution of our company group and how this change will benefit you. We are delighted to announce that the legal status of our operative Luxembourg company changed as of January 1st, 2019:
- From: SCHNEIDER IT MANAGEMENT SARL
- To: SCHNEIDER IT MANAGEMENT SARL & CIE SECS
This change happens in alignment with our international companies and allows us to act even more efficiently on the global market. It will not affect or delay any current or future orders or services.
Our commitment to our customers and partners remains our highest priority. There has been no change in management and we will continue providing you all products and services where we have built our reputation on – and more to come! All contact persons, phone numbers and email addresses remain unchanged. The email address for your quote requests and orders remains: Sales@Schneider.im.
Thank you very much for being one of our valued customers or partners. We thank you for your cooperation and collaboration. We are looking forward to continuing to deliver you the best software, online services and their management!
Until March 1st, 2019, you can avail of a 10% discount off the standard price by purchasing 10 or more new licenses of Acrobat Pro DC for teams or Acrobat Standard DC for teams through the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP). This offer is available for new and additional seats, it does not apply to renewals. At the renewal date of your VIP subscription, you will receive a renewal quote with standard price.
- 12-month membership is required for new customers enrolling in a new VIP agreement.
- This offer is only available to commercial customers, it is not available to Education or Government customers.
- For 3-year contract term option, this offer applies only to 1st year (initial purchase). Regular pricing will apply for 2nd and 3rd year renewals.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Identity & Threat Protection license, which includes the following products:
- Microsoft Cloud App Security,
- Azure Active Directory Plan 2,
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection,
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection Plan 2 (Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection + Office 365 Threat Intelligence).
Available in the licensing programs according to the categories.
For more information about Microsoft Identity and Threat Protection, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance license, which includes the following products:
- Azure Information Protection P2 and
- Office 365 Advanced Compliance (Advanced eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Customer Key, and Privileged Access Management).
Available in the licensing programs according to the categories.
For more information about Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/.
Microsoft announced the removal of the Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone offering from the pricelist.
- Existing customers will see no changes for the remainder of their current enrollment term and may continue to add new Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone licenses.
- Customers with enrollments expiring on or before June 30, 2019, will have the option to renew Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone for one more term.
Affected licensing programs according to the categories.
The integration of Adobe PDF & Acrobat functions into the Microsoft Office 365 environment allow you to combine both technologies smoothly. Here are some examples how to use it:
- You can create, manipulate, and view high-quality, secure PDFs across the web versions of Office 365, right from the toolbar of the web versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Sales teams can now combine parts of PowerPoint and PDF files directly in SharePoint Online to create a new customer proposal, and even get that proposal signed with Adobe Sign without leaving SharePoint Online.
- You can also add signing steps to SharePoint Online workflows, or use the Microsoft Flow connector to automate processes.
For more information about the different functionalities, please visit: https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft-office-365.html
To benefit from the integration, you have to activate the Adobe Document Cloud add-in and the Adobe Sign add-in. With the following link you can install and configure the Microsoft + Adobe Document Cloud integrations: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/o365pdf/start.html. And here you find detailed instructions for the installation and configuration of Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint OneDrive https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html.
Microsoft announced a discount for Microsoft 365 for Enterprise Agreement (EA) and Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS) customers until March 31st, 2019. Level A Corporate and Level B-D Government customers will receive a price discount of 6 % and Level A Government (including Government Only licenses) will receive a discount of 12%.
This offer is valid worldwide and applies to:
- New Agreement,
- Renewal Agreements Software Assurance (SA) retention licenses,
- Renewal Agreement Add-on,
- Mid agreement Add-on for Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) Suite and Core CAL Suite and
- Mid agreement Stepup from Microsoft 365 E3 or Microsoft 365 F1.