Microsoft announce that Microsoft Windows Server 2016 will have a new option for releasing updates which will align to the upcoming servicing channels for Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus. There will be two primary release channels available to Microsoft Windows Server customers: the Long Term Servicing Channel (replacing the Long Term Servicing Branch) and the new Semi Annual Channel.
For further information – including device compatibility and servicing tools – read the full Microsoft article here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/semi-annual-channel-overview.
Microsoft 365 replaces Microsoft Secure Productive Enterprise. Microsoft 365 plans provide a more trusted, secure, and productive way to work that brings together the best of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise. With Microsoft 365, you can protect your organization, data and people, create a productive workplace to embrace diverse workstyles, enable your people to get things done anywhere, and provide insights to drive faster, better business decisions.
For further information about Microsoft 365, please visit: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/07/10/introducing-microsoft-365/.
Microsoft Office 365 F1 Plans replace Microsoft Office 365 K Plans. These Microsoft Office 365 plans are designed to connect and engage firstline workers. Purpose-built to meet varied demands across multiple industries, these plans deliver the key capabilities to manage and unlock the skills, knowledge, and expertise of your firstline workforce.
For further information about Microsoft Office 365 F1 plans, please visit: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-f1.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement is replacing the Microsoft CRM Online Suite with more transition options. The existing Microsoft CRM Online Stock Keeping Units (SKU) will be removed from the price list and replaced with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 SKUs. However, customers with an existing agreement can continue to execute transactions on the Microsoft CRM Online SKU until the end of their agreement term.
The extended support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 ends October 10th, 2017. This includes the following Microsoft Visual Studio products:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2015 for Desktop
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2015 for Web
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows 10
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015 Express
- Release Management for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
It is highly recommended to update affected systems before those dates.
Microsoft announced that Microsoft Extended Hotfix Support is no longer included as a Software Assurance (SA) benefit for new customers. Existing customers who had SA prior to July 1st, 2017 are unaffected. This was announced in the July 2017 Microsoft Product Terms (PT).
Please consider Microsoft Premium Assurance as an alternative for selected products.
In July 2017, the second series of Microsoft Premium Assurance is launching. As explained in an earlier post, the pricing of Microsoft Premium Assurance will constantly rise. The following table provides an overview of the different Microsoft Premium Assurance Series and the corresponding pricing evolution:
Continue reading Microsoft Premium Assurance Pricing Series 2
The following Microsoft Dynamics 365 Product Families will be released in July 2017:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Relationship Sales is a new offer for combined LinkedIn / Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales solution. For further information, please click here.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Microsoft Operations Suite per Device is an expansion for devices in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations Suite.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail is a new offer for individual components of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations Suite. For further information, please click here.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent is a new offer for individual components of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations Suite. For further information, please click here.
Effective July 1, 2017, the following Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise edition offerings are being renamed:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations becomes Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Plan.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Plan 1 becomes Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Plan 2 becomes Microsoft Dynamics 365 Plan.
Microsoft has confirmed that Microsoft Power BI Premium is generally available. For an overview of Microsoft Power BI Premium, take a look at our earlier blog post. To find the Microsoft announcement, click here.
For further information about Microsoft Power BI Premium, please visit: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-premium/.