Please be aware that Autodesk is currently contacting customers who, according to their records, have been identified as overusing their entitlements.
Details of this global initiative:
- Customers will first be contacted via an automated Autodesk email entitled “Action Required: Autodesk Software License Review”.
- Autodesk will identify the customers’ overuse and ask them to remedy the situation through the purchase of additional one-year licenses, according to the identified gap.
- Customers who have not yet purchased additional licenses after 10 business days will then be contacted by Autodesk License Compliance.
- The email will also offer a link to this FAQ document: https://www.autodesk.co.uk/campaigns/overusefaq
Please reach out to SCHNEIDER IT MANAGEMENT if you are affected by this. As your Autodesk Partner, we will support you in clarifying the situation and will provide you with the necessary licenses.
Until November 30th, 2018, the price of Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams – All Apps is reduced to €60/user/per month by purchasing 3 or more licenses. Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams – Single Apps, regularly priced at €30/user/per month is offered at €25/user/per month.
This promotion is available to new Adobe customers who do not have Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams subscription and to existing Adobe VIP customers who wish to purchase additional licenses of Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams.
This offer does not apply to renewals and is not available to Education customers. In case of a 3-year contract term option, this offer applies only to the first year (initial purchase). Regular pricing (RRP) will apply to second- and third-year renewals.
VMware announced the release of vSphere Platinum on October 31st, 2018. VMware vSphere Platinum is a new edition of vSphere that delivers advanced security capabilities fully integrated into the hypervisor. This new release combines the industry leading capabilities of vSphere with VMware AppDefense, delivering purpose-built VMs to secure applications. Included with vSphere Platinum, VMware AppDefense delivers key capabilities to protect applications running on vSphere. AppDefense understands an application’s intended state and behavior, then monitors for changes to that intended state. Any change from this “known good” state would indicate a threat. This method enables the virtual machine to run in “known good” state rather than trying to detect threats that may not fit a known signature.
Microsoft announced a discount for Microsoft 365 for Enterprise Agreement (EA) and Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS) customers until March 31st, 2019. Level A Corporate and Level B-D Government customers will receive a price discount of 6 % and Level A Government (including Government Only licenses) will receive a discount of 12%.
This offer is valid worldwide and applies to:
- New Agreement
- Renewal Agreements Software Assurance (SA) retention licenses
- Renewal Agreement Add-on
Microsoft announced that – effective November 1st, 2018 – Microsoft Office Server 2019 On-Premises Licenses will be available. Hence, the previous Office Server version licenses will then be removed from the pricelists.
Impacted Product Families:
- Microsoft Exchange Enterprise Client Access License (CAL)
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Standard CAL
- Microsoft Project Server
- Microsoft Project Server CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Plus CAL
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server Standard CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise CAL
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Standard CAL
Microsoft announced that – effective November 1st, 2018 – Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional will be available.
There are two options for customers with existing licenses:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales customers can purchase Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional Add-On Licenses.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Teams customers can purchase Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional Step-Up Licenses.
Microsoft announced that – effective November 1st, 2018 – Microsoft Power Apps Plan 2 Step-up from Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Team Members Licenses are available.
- Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS)
- Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA)
- Campus (Enrollment for Education Solutions)
- Worldwide Government Partner
VMware announced the end of availability of the bundle vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus – effective February 1st, 2019. After this date, the corresponding licenses – vSphere Enterprise Plus and vRealize Operations Standard – can still be purchased separately. If you are currently active on your support and subscription (SnS), following are some options that can be discussed based on your business needs:
- Remain on current vSphere Enterprise Plus and vRealize Operations Standard components. VMware announced a nominal increase in SnS costs at the time of renewal.
- Upgrade your components to a higher edition: vSphere Enterprise Plus can be upgraded to vSphere Platinum. vRealize Operations Standard can be upgraded to vRealize Operations Advanced or vRealize Suite Standard.
Please see the current promotions concerning VMware upgrades.
From October 31st 2018 to October 30th 2019, VMware offers special promotions for customers, who are currently under active vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus Support and Subscription (SnS):
- You can save 50% by upgrading your vSphere Enterprise Plus component to vSphere Platinum.
- You can save 50% by upgrading your vRealize Operations Standard component either to vRealize Operations Advanced or vRealize Suite Standard.
- By upgrading both components at the same time, you can save 50% on the upgrade from vSphere Enterprise Plus to vSphere Platinum and 65% on the upgrade from vRealize Operations Standard to vRealize Operations Advanced or vRealize Suite Standard.
Microsoft announced new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and mixed reality business applications for Dynamics 365. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 October 2018 Release includes AI applications to help customers with decision making and to enable them to take informed actions. The new AI apps are available for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, Customer Service and Market Insights.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Layout, mixed reality applications that use Microsoft HoloLens are also available now. Find the announcement and watch some videos of these new products in action here: https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/09/18/announcing-new-ai-and-mixed-reality-business-applications-for-microsoft-dynamics/.