Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance license, which includes the following products:
- Azure Information Protection P2 and
- Office 365 Advanced Compliance (Advanced eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Customer Key, and Privileged Access Management).
Available in the licensing programs according to the categories.
For more information about Microsoft Information Protection & Compliance, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/.
The integration of Adobe PDF & Acrobat functions into the Microsoft Office 365 environment allow you to combine both technologies smoothly. Here are some examples how to use it:
- You can create, manipulate, and view high-quality, secure PDFs across the web versions of Office 365, right from the toolbar of the web versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Sales teams can now combine parts of PowerPoint and PDF files directly in SharePoint Online to create a new customer proposal, and even get that proposal signed with Adobe Sign without leaving SharePoint Online.
- You can also add signing steps to SharePoint Online workflows, or use the Microsoft Flow connector to automate processes.
For more information about the different functionalities, please visit: https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft-office-365.html
To benefit from the integration, you have to activate the Adobe Document Cloud add-in and the Adobe Sign add-in. With the following link you can install and configure the Microsoft + Adobe Document Cloud integrations: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/o365pdf/start.html. And here you find detailed instructions for the installation and configuration of Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint OneDrive https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-configuring-sharepoint-onedrive.html.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Microsoft Office 365 Meeting Room per Device Licenses. This licenses cover a Skype for Business device used in a conference room which is not dedicated to a single user and requires a separate telephone number, like a typical conferencing phone. These licenses are available in the following programs: Enterprise Agreement (EA), Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS), Worldwide Government Partner, Enrollment for Education Solutions and School. Microsoft Office 365 Meeting Room per Device Licenses without Conference Licenses are offered for the countries which do not offer Audio Conference services.
Microsoft Stream is a cloud-based enterprise video service, that is included in many Microsoft Office 365 Plans. Now, Microsoft Stream is also available as Standalone Plans (Plan 1 & Plan 2). This page is useful for comparing the features of the two plans and to see the details of Microsoft Stream in the different Microsoft Office 365 Plans: https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/. This page also explains how Stream storage works: each tenant receives 500 GB of storage and an additional 0.5 GB per licensed user, with the exception of Office 365 F1 users. Further Stream storage is available as an Add-on license.
Microsoft announced the General Availability of Microsoft Office 365 Data Loss Prevention Licenses. These licenses will be available in the following volume licensing programs: Enterprise Agreement (EA), Enterprise Subscription Agreement (EAS), Worldwide Government Partner and Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA).
Microsoft announces that Skype for Business Online Plan 1 will be retired, effective August 1, 2018.
Current customers have many transition paths for their users to maintain Plan 1 functionality or higher, such as:
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2
- Office 365 Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, F1, E1, E3, E5 (or Microsoft 365 Business, F1, E1, E3, E5).
Further information on the transition paths can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/skype-retiring
Adobe announced the optimized integration of Adobe Acrobat DC and PDF services in Microsoft Office 365. This integration offers the following features, among others:
- Convert Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents to PDF files without leaving the Office 365 environment
- Create, export, merge and organize pages in a PDF directly from SharePoint and OneDrive
- Password assignment for important documents during PDF conversion to Office 365.
For more information on integrating Adobe Acrobat DC with Microsoft Office 365, visit https://acrobat.adobe.com/lu/en/business/integrations/microsoft.html
Microsoft announce that the Office Mobile Apps will now be available with full editing capability for users with Office 365 Business Essentials, E1 and F1 subscriptions. Once available, all Office 365 subscribers will be able to install full versions of the mobile apps on up to 5 devices, and create, edit and share documents on the go.
For more information about the Microsoft Mobile Apps included in Office 365 Plans, please visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-announces-mobile-editing-availability-for-more-subscribers-be2cc9ae-113a-417f-8d34-b445ea49658a?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
Microsoft has announced the Common Area Phone Device Subscription License (DSL). Common Area Phone is a Device License intended for phones that are deployed as standalone, shared devices in locations such as break rooms, reception areas, shop floors etc. It is a standalone license with no purchase prerequisites.
The Microsoft Common Area Phone Device Subscription License combines two sets of capabilities:
- Skype for Business Online Plan 2 including presence, instant messaging and in this context more important: conferencing
- Phone System, which was previously known as Cloud PBX, and allows customers to replace their on-premises Private Branch Exchange (PBX) with a cloud-based system
This license is available in Enterprise Agreement, Enterprise Agreement Subscription, Enrollment for Education Solutions, and Government Community Cloud.
Microsoft Office 365 F1 Plans replace Microsoft Office 365 K Plans. These Microsoft Office 365 plans are designed to connect and engage firstline workers. Purpose-built to meet varied demands across multiple industries, these plans deliver the key capabilities to manage and unlock the skills, knowledge, and expertise of your firstline workforce.
For further information about Microsoft Office 365 F1 plans, please visit: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-f1.