VMware announced the End of Availability of VMware vRealize Automation Standard Edition, effective 2 December 2019; it will no longer be available for purchase. VMware will continue to support this product through April 11th, 2022. Refer to the Product Lifecycle Matrix for the latest updated dates: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/support/product-lifecycle-matrix.pdf.
The End of General Support for vSphere 6.0 is March 12, 2020. This includes the following releases:
- vCenter Server 6.0,
- vCenter Update Manager 6.0,
- ESXi 6.0,
- Site Recovery Manager 6.0 and 6.1,
- vSAN 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2,
- vSphere Data Protection 6.0 and 6.1 and
- vSphere Replication 6.0 and 6.1.
To maintain your full level of Support and Subscription Services, VMware recommends upgrading to vSphere 6.5 or vSphere 6.7. VMware has extended the general support for vSphere 6.5 to a full five years from date of release, which means the general support for vSphere 6.5 will end on November 15, 2021. The End of General support for vSphere 6.7 will also be on November 15, 2021. For more information, please visit: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/66977.
Until January 24th, 2020, VMware offers a vSAN Promotion. When you purchase two nodes of vSAN software, you will get the third node for free. This means that you receive six vSAN Standard CPU licenses for the price of four.
VMware vSAN gives you the freedom to build a scalable, hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution with the only vSphere-native, flash-optimized storage, the industry’s broadest flexibility (with 5x more hardware choices), and multi-cloud capabilities. Get started on the simplest path to full-stack HCI with VMware’s best-in-class and market-leading compute, storage, networking, and cloud management solutions.
Terms and Conditions of this promotion:
- Promotion restricted to non-Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) transactions only.
- Customer cannot have vSAN already deployed. Promotion Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) available for net new vSAN customers only.
- Promotion restricted to one SKU per customer.
- VMware Support and Subscription (SnS) is required. Discounts are not offered for VMware SnS.
- Promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.
For more information on the VMware vSAN 3 for 2 Promotion, please visit: https://www.vmware.com/promotions/kickstart-vsan-3-for-2-promo.html.
VMware announced the release of vSphere Platinum on October 31st, 2018. VMware vSphere Platinum is a new edition of vSphere that delivers advanced security capabilities fully integrated into the hypervisor. This new release combines the industry leading capabilities of vSphere with VMware AppDefense, delivering purpose-built VMs to secure applications. Included with vSphere Platinum, VMware AppDefense delivers key capabilities to protect applications running on vSphere. AppDefense understands an application’s intended state and behavior, then monitors for changes to that intended state. Any change from this “known good” state would indicate a threat. This method enables the virtual machine to run in “known good” state rather than trying to detect threats that may not fit a known signature.
VMware announced the end of availability of the bundle vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus – effective February 1st, 2019. After this date, the corresponding licenses – vSphere Enterprise Plus and vRealize Operations Standard – can still be purchased separately. If you are currently active on your support and subscription (SnS), following are some options that can be discussed based on your business needs:
- Remain on current vSphere Enterprise Plus and vRealize Operations Standard components. VMware announced a nominal increase in SnS costs at the time of renewal.
- Upgrade your components to a higher edition: vSphere Enterprise Plus can be upgraded to vSphere Platinum. vRealize Operations Standard can be upgraded to vRealize Operations Advanced or vRealize Suite Standard.
Please see the current promotions concerning VMware upgrades.
The End of General Support (EOGS) for vSphere 5.5 and vSAN 5.5 is September 19th, 2018. To maintain full level of Support and Subscription Services after this date, customers will need to upgrade to vSphere 6.5.
Upgrading to vSphere delivers the latest vSAN release and capabilities. vCloud Suite 5 and vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) customers running vSphere 5.5 are also recommended to upgrade to vSphere 6.5. For more information about the VMware vSphere Upgrade, please visit: https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/upgrade-center.html