Effective February 24, 2021, Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform is generally available as part of the new Veeam Backup & Replication v11. Veeam have expanded their partnership with Google Cloud, enabling Veeam to jointly engage customers through the Google Cloud Marketplace.
New features of Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform include:
- Google Cloud-Native: Powerful web user interface (UI), deployable from the Google Cloud Marketplace starts protecting data in minutes; Policy-Based Automation of Google Cloud-native snapshots for fast and frequent recovery points, and rapid full- and file-level recovery options to overcome any cloud data loss.
- Cost Optimization: Industry-first cost calculation to align service-level objectives (SLOs) with budgets while avoiding cloud overspend; back up to Google Cloud object storage for cost-effective long-term retention and compliance.
- Security: Overcome security threats including ransomware as well as insider threats by isolating backup data from production (cross-project/cross-region); layered security to protect against brute force attacks with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Hybrid-Ready: Portable data format and integration with Veeam Backup & Replication external repositories enables easy recovery outside of Google Cloud; utilizes flexible Veeam Universal Licensing (VUL) to simplify license management and enable Cloud Mobility.
For more information, please visit: https://www.veeam.com/news/veeam-expands-google-cloud-partnership-and-increases-public-cloud-support-with-veeam-backup-for-google-clouds-platform.html.
For contracts expiring between November 1, 2020 and June 2021, the Veeam 24/7 for Multi-Year Promo offers the following benefits, when choosing a multi-year renewal:
- Latest major releases
- Free production support throughout the whole renewal plan
- Added savings of up to 13% for a 3-year renewal and up to 25% for a 5-year renewal
Eligible for this promotion are small- and medium-sized businesses, commercial customers and enterprise customers (excluding new business opportunities in 2020) renewing one of the following products with perpetual or subscription contracts: Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR), Veeam Availability Suite (VAS), Veeam Backup Essentials (VBE), Veeam Availability Orchestrator (VAO) or Veeam ONE.
For existing perpetual contracts expired more than 6 months ago, but no more than 1 year ago, the Veeam We Want You Back Program offers customers the choice between two exclusive renewal offers:
- No backdated maintenance fee – The new support contract will start from the date of the new renewal order, not from the expiration date of the current license.
- Migrate to Veeam Universal License and avoid future maintenance
Please contact us for more information.
Effective October 1, 2020, all former Veeam Backup Starter customers are automatically being migrated to Veeam Backup Essentials (VBE) as Veeam ends the sale of Veeam Backup Starter.
Effective October 1, 2020 until December 31, 2020, all former Starter customers can extend their newly migrated VBE subscription up to five years at a 50% savings. Additionally, Starter customers may also expand their new VBE subscription up to 50 instances at 50% off.
Veeam Backup Essentials (VBE) is a solution designed for small businesses which delivers powerful, affordable and easy to use backup, recovery, monitoring and reporting for virtual workloads, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper V and Nutanix AHV, as well as physical and cloud workloads ― from a single console.
Effective October 1, 2020, the minimum purchase requirement of Veeam Backup Essentials (VBE) will be reduced from ten (10) to five (5) Veeam Universal Licenses (VUL).
For more information on the migration for Veeam Backup Starter customers, please visit: https://www.veeam.com/veeam-backup-starter-essentials-faq.html.
Please contact us for more information.
Effective immediately, Veeam backup for Microsoft Azure is available. This new backup and recovery solution helps customers and service providers move more applications and data to Microsoft Azure and protect cloud applications and data in Microsoft Azure in a cost-effective, secure and easy way. In addition, Veeam’s portable backup format enables full cloud mobility including backup, recovery and migration within a multi-cloud environment.
For further information on Veeam backup for Microsoft Azure, please visit: https://www.veeam.com/backup-azure.html.
An overview video of the product can be found here: https://veeam.wistia.com/medias/psot14ziwx.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 mitigates the risk of losing access and control over your Microsoft Office 365 data so that your data is always protected and accessible. It gives you the power to securely backup Microsoft Office 365 and:
- Protect your Microsoft Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
- Quickly restore individual Microsoft Office 365 items and files with industry-leading recovery flexibility
- Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Microsoft Office 365 backup items.
For more information on Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, please visit: https://www.veeam.com/backup-microsoft-office-365.html.